The Haunted House on Black Hill !
There are places people avoid for no obvious reason.
No warning signs. No locked gates. No stories written in newspapers.
Yet somehow, everyone knows not to go there.
At the edge of a small, forgotten town stood a narrow hill covered in dark pine trees. The locals called it Black Hill. At the very top of the hill was an abandoned house that had been empty for more than thirty years.
The windows were broken. The paint had almost completely disappeared. Ivy covered the walls like fingers crawling toward the roof.
But the strangest thing about the house was this:
Every night at exactly 2:13 a.m., one of its upstairs windows would glow with a faint yellow light.
Nobody knew why.
Nobody wanted to find out.
The Story Behind the House🐱🏍
According to local legend, the house belonged to a man named Elias Black, who lived there with his wife and young daughter.
Elias was a quiet man who rarely spoke to anyone in town. Some people said he was a scientist. Others believed he practiced something far darker.
Then, one winter night, the entire family disappeared.
There were no signs of a struggle.
No bodies.
No explanation.
The police searched the house for days but found nothing except a child's wooden rocking horse sitting in the upstairs hallway.
The case eventually went cold.
But the town never forgot.
Over the years, several people claimed they had seen a little girl standing in the upstairs window.
Always at night.
Always staring toward the road.
And always disappearing before anyone could reach the house.
The Night I Went There🤳
I had heard the stories countless times.
Like most people, I assumed they were exaggerated.
Ghost stories have a way of becoming more frightening every time they are retold.
So one autumn evening, I decided to see the house for myself.
I reached the bottom of Black Hill just before midnight.
The road was almost completely dark.
There was no wind, yet the trees moved slightly above me.
I switched on my flashlight and started walking.
The higher I climbed, the colder it became.
Then I heard something.
A child's laughter.
Very faint.
Coming from somewhere ahead.
I stopped.
The laughter stopped too.
I told myself it was probably an animal.
Then I heard it again.
This time, it sounded much closer.
I continued walking.
Finally, the house appeared between the trees.
It was even more unsettling than I had imagined.
The front door was hanging open.
I stood outside for several seconds, trying to convince myself that going inside was a stupid idea.
Then something moved behind an upstairs window.
A small shadow.
I looked away for a moment.
When I looked back, the window was empty.
I entered the house.
Inside🤷♂️
The smell hit me first.
Damp wood.
Dust.
And something else I couldn't identify.
The hallway was covered with old photographs.
Most of them were damaged by time, but one picture caught my attention.
It showed Elias Black, his wife, and their daughter.
The little girl was sitting on the same wooden rocking horse described in the police report.
But there was something strange about the photograph.
Someone had scratched the girl's face away.
I moved closer.
Then I heard footsteps upstairs.
Slow.
Heavy.
One step at a time.
I raised my flashlight toward the staircase.
Nothing.
Another step.
Then another.
I started climbing.
Halfway up, I heard a whisper.
“Don't.”
I froze.
The voice sounded like a little girl.
I turned around.
At the bottom of the stairs stood a child.
She was wearing an old white dress.
Her hair covered most of her face.
She didn't move.
I couldn't breathe.
“Who are you?” I whispered.
The girl slowly raised her head.
And then she pointed behind me.
I turned.
Nothing.
When I looked back, she was gone.
The Room Upstairs✔
There was only one room at the end of the hallway.
Its door was slightly open.
A faint yellow light came from inside.
The same light people had seen from outside for decades.
I pushed the door open.
Inside was a small bedroom.
There was a desk, a broken lamp, and dozens of handwritten pages scattered across the floor.
Most of them were written by Elias.
The final page contained only one sentence:
“She isn't my daughter anymore.”
I felt a sudden chill.
Then I heard breathing behind me.
Slow.
Close.
I turned around.
The little girl was standing in the doorway.
This time, I could see her face.
Her eyes were completely black.
She smiled.
And whispered:
“Dad is still here.”
The door slammed shut.
The room went dark.
2:13 A.M.
My flashlight wouldn't turn on.
I reached for the door.
Something grabbed my wrist.
A freezing hand.
I screamed and pulled away.
Then the yellow light returned.
The room was empty.
Except for the desk.
On it was a small digital clock.
2:13 a.m.
The exact time the locals had talked about.
Then I heard a man's voice from somewhere inside the walls.
“Why did you come back?”
I hadn't realized it until that moment.
I had never been inside this house before.
Yet the voice had said:
come back.
Not come here.
Come back.
I ran.
I don't remember how I got out of the house.
I only remember reaching the bottom of the hill and collapsing beside the road.
When I finally looked back, the upstairs window was glowing.
And behind the glass stood the little girl.
Watching me.
What Happened Afterward✔
I never returned to Black Hill.
I also stopped telling people the story.
But three weeks later, something happened that changed everything.
I was cleaning my apartment when I found an old photograph inside one of my books.
I had never seen it before.
It showed the house on Black Hill.
The photograph was faded and badly damaged.
But in the upstairs window, there was a small figure.
A little girl.
And written on the back, in handwriting I recognized from Elias Black's journal, were four words:
That night, at exactly 2:13 a.m., my bedroom light turned on by itself.
I heard a child's laughter from the hallway.
And then someone whispered my name.
I haven't slept properly since.
Because sometimes, when I wake up in the middle of the night, I can hear a wooden rocking chair moving slowly in the room next door.
Back and forth.
Back and forth.
And every morning, there are small footprints in the dust outside my bedroom door.
They always lead toward my bed.
Never away from it.
Some houses are abandoned.
Some houses are waiting.




